Hermione hair, don't care because my worth is found in more than my looks! That may be an odd thing for a model to say b/c - no surprise! - my image is a big part of what I love to do. Here's what the good book says about our design, regardless of how we feel or what others say:
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
~ Ephesians 2:10
But that's not all! Read on for my favorite encouraging bible verses about my worth to God and the identity I have in Him.
Here they are! My Top 10 Bible Verses About Self Worth
- "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."
~ Colossians 3:12-14
- "She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her."
~ Proverbs 3:15
- "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
- "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows."
~ Luke 12:6-7
- "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
~ 1 Peter 2:9
- "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"
~ John 1:12
- "Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life."
~ Isaiah 43:4
- "For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
~ 1 Corinthians 6:20
- "But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
~ Romans 5:8
- "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
~ Ephesians 2:10
Do you think you might need a visual reminder of your worth? Or maybe to seek joy? Or trust in God's goodness? That's why I've made this series of phone backgrounds like the one above, each highlighting a different aspect of the fruit of the Spirit so that you'll have reminder in front of you at all times (because who are we kidding, that phone's in front of you all. the. time.)! Get yours by subscribing 👇🏼
Did you like this post? Share it on Pinterest for others to find and be encouraged!